Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Two Years

I just realized that September 28 has come and gone with nary a thought. What is September 28 you may ask. Well it's the day Russ and I first "met" one another...Well not exactly but that is a different story.

I now can say that I've known this wonderful man for two whole years. To think that just 2 years and a few months ago the idea that I would be happily married to the man of my dreams, be a mommy to a sweet little 7 month old boy, and live in a beautiful house in North Carolina was, inconceivable to say the least.

Two years and a few months ago I was sitting in my office at Providence with the prospect of telling over 60 families that we were going to charge them $3,000.00 more tuition than we had said they had to pay when they enrolled, I was answering phone calls from bill collectors that I had no way of paying while sitting across from a bill collector who had come to pay me a personal visit...And that was just part of what was going on. Add to that a broken heart, some of the most difficult teacher/staff issues I had ever encountered, gossip that was threatening to tear the school community apart and that for a time came between me and some of my most trusted friends...What craziness!!!!

But the Lord took care of it all. He took care of me, he took care of the school, he took care of the parents and the students and he received all the glory and credit for all the good. I am so glad he is my Father and I'm so glad he has given me the family I always desired. Praise his name.



Russ and I at City Lake at the end of the week I first came to visit him in NC. Jan 2007

2 comments:

The Boojes said...

Praise God, indeed! =)

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful two years for you and for our whole family! We never know what the Lord will do!