Friday, June 12, 2009

Heaven's Soul

This is the only “picture” that we will ever have of our second child. It’s a picture from the night I told Russ I was pregnant and we celebrated God’s gift to us. I was about 8 weeks when I miscarried. When I think of this one we will never see on earth I think of him/her as Heaven’s Soul. I decided I wanted to post this picture as a way of making a little memorial. A way of saying there is a person that was created and though he will never be known on earth he is known in heaven.

We are sad about our loss but we are confident of our sovereign God’s love and care for us. His ways are perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entry brings sadness to my heart, but it is very sweet too. I was thinking about you and Russ during Russ' sermon Sunday and thinking how some of the things he was saying applied to you. I hope you both found encouragement in the truths he was reflecting upon.

The Boojes said...

So sweet...thanks for sharing.

Lori Waggoner said...

So sorry to hear this, Laura. I haven't visited any blogs for a while, so I just learned about your little one.

The Lord be with you.