Friday, January 16, 2009

St. Louis Christmas IV

I love being able to give Christmas presents to everyone, but coming from a family of 6 children who now have 17 of our own children, well, its challenging to make it fit into the budget especially when you think of having to ship things. I used to shop all through the year and delight in finding great bargains that people could actually enjoy, but you can't really do that as much when you live 1000 miles away. Now the requirement is great bargains, that people will actually like, that are small and light enough to fit in a suitcase.

This year I decided to order most gifts from LTD Commodities. Some years it seems like they have nice things and this was one of those years.

Stan got a little lab beanie baby. When he came to visit last May he loved the one we had. He played with it and carried it with him everywhere. I told Becky he could take it home. WOOPS! When I told Russ he said, "NO you can't give Buster away". Buster was Russ's first lab that had cancer and suffered terrible seizures for about year before he died. Russ cared for him and had many nights of rushing him to the vet in the wee hours of the morning. He died and Russ had to bury him. I cry every time I think about it.

***********************************************************************

The older boys got marshmallow guns--guns that shoot mini marshmallows. I thought they would like to shoot each other and then eat the ammo. They didn't work as well as I thought they would but...

When you look at this next sequence of photos, which is the dads and grandpa trying to figure out how the guns work, guess who is the engineer in the family.