Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh No It's the Elephant!

I find the following video to be hilarious for several reasons. One of which is that it encapsulates an experience that I'm sure will be played out over and over in the course of our lives as parents. We will think we have discovered the perfect toy, activity, book, event, friend, etc. and eagerly bring William in on the find, only to discover that far from finding it to be a perfect fit our son finds it to be completely the opposite. And, despite seeking to understand, we will be utterly baffled by his insistence to defy all reason, logic, common sense…


We, that is Russ and I, were so excited to get this toy! I had been looking for some fun toys for William and came across this one. It seemed great in that it had a lot of things to hold his interest and it also helped develop some hand eye coordination. I’d been anxiously awaiting this toy since I’d ordered it and it came on the perfect day-Saturday, so even Russ could get in on the fun.





After we took the elephant head off, he really liked. He plays with it quite a lot and he especially likes the balls, so all is not lost.



5 comments:

Brian said...

This is really hilarious - especially after our conversation about the toys. I can't believe he doesn't like the crinkly sound!! Oh well! William is looking so cute!

The Boojes said...

I can't watch them...I guess I'm not your youtube "friend". =(

Anonymous said...

haha that is cute! glad he likes the toy in part at least. children are so unpredictable. one of God's ways of keeping us looking to Him I guess. :)

Lori Waggoner said...

Just caught up on your blog today...what fun!

I LOVE these videos! He was simply terrified of that head! Hilarious! But such a quick learner!! I couldn't believe he was putting the balls into that small hole all by himself in the first sitting!

It's fun to see you in action as mom and enjoying it!

Trout_ said...

Ha ha! Poor William with that head. :) I enjoyed these videos. I remember reading before that he recognizes faces already (the snowman family I think). Maybe he just doesn't like the elephant's face... What an amazing little boy you have.