Friday, September 9, 2011

Cooking with William

William loves, loves to cook.  I know lots of kids do, but he may be a bit extreme.  Every day he asks me if I’m going to cook dinner and can he help.  If I answer in the affirmative, he willingly drops everything he’s doing, races into the kitchen, gets on his apron, and pulls up the stool.  Cooking shows are one of his favorite things to watch.  We sometimes watch them together after he wakes up from his nap, before I start dinner.   We watch them more often since I’ve been pregnant.  He has been known to sit there watching them for at least an hour.  He has even picked up some of the terminology and mannerisms of the hosts.  The other day he told me, “this is a beautiful dinner mommy”.   Rachel Ray always tries her cooking and goes, “m, m, m”.  At dinner, when he tries a bite, he will often go, “m, m, m”.  That can get a bit annoying.




All the above are from February when we made Valentine cookies


These two are from May

No comments: