Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Mountian Holdiay

The 3rd week of October we packed up the car and headed for the beautiful mountains of NC and VA. We traveled to Boone, NC on Friday afternoon and then on Saturday we traveled the Blueridge Parkway. The trees were beautiful and it was so relaxing to amble along the roadway going 40 miles an hour, stopping at lots of scenic overlooks, having good conversation with Russ and listening to our little boy happily babble in the back seat. We had lots of good food and snacks that I'd made and despite my husband's initial dismay at the amount of "stuff" that needed to be packed into our car, including the large cooler, I know he was glad we had it.

We got to Verona, VA about 6:30 Saturday evening and after getting William a bath and seeing him off to dreamland we ate Chili's take out and settled in for a relaxing evening, me reading a book and Russ working on his classwork.

Sunday we visited a pastor that I had when I was 6 and 7 years old. He pastored at Bethel Presbyterian church for a few years. He made quite an impression on me and I've always wanted to see him agian. He now pastors a really small church in Verona and it was wonderful to see him and his wife along with his grown children and their families. I didn't get any pictures and I'm sorry for that.

Sunday evening we went to Lloyd Sprinkle's of Sprinkle Publications church. It was good talking with him and his wife Jackie. Russ has known them for lots of years.

Monday we left to come home stopping at the Natural Bridge and our land in VA.
We are almost ready to leave and I thought it would take us 30 minutes to load up...We were finally ready to pull out an hour and a half later.

The Parkway






William hanging out after a hard day of traveling




3 comments:

quien sabe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Boojes said...

Oooo, he's adorable!! =) Thanks so much for updating. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some vacation time away together!

Anonymous said...

so glad you got to take that trip. sounds like it was fun. i tend to pack too much too, though it is my stuff, not food. :P

those pictures of william on the bed are adorable!